It’s 18 minutes and 48 seconds long.
Let’s plan to discuss the following questions:
- What are the basic ethical principles involved? (http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/basic-principles-of-medical-ethics.html)
- Are there parallels to this debate in ophthalmology? Are there parallels in ophthalmology to the specific issues raised?
- What are the factors, ethical or otherwise, that would encourage faculty to participate in training residents in the OR?
- What are the factors, ethical or otherwise, that discourage faculty from participating in resident surgical training?
- Are these factors changing?
- Are their additional considerations in surgical training for particular populations?
Please feel free to email back with any other resources you’d like to share.
Faculty and fellows are invited.
Disclaimer: I am not an ethicist.